Monday, January 14, 2013

holy shat + 成人の日

OH GOD HERE SHE IS UPDATING ALREADY!


oh yeah.

It's because two things happened today.

One was this:


This is my happy face when I go to school in the morning.
I swear, this is when I look the happiest. And possibly the wettest. 

That's not a word, I know.

It snowed like crazy this morning. It was like the world suddenly decided everyone should try being blind for a while, because it didn't matter whether one was staring at the ground or trying to look where they walked. If you looked down, your face might be saved from being completely covered in snow within 0.001 second, and if you looked up, you would just be hit by...... well .... snow in 0.001 second (bet you didn't see that one coming, huh!). It was crazy, and admitted, kind of fun. But next time I'm going to build a snowman, I'll give him an umbrella, just because I will now feel awfully sorry for him if he has to stay outside in a weather like that. 

Apart from that, 

it apparently snowed in Tokyo too, because my facebook was swamped with people I know from there going crazy with "FIRST SNOW OF THE YEAR"

followed by 

"WHY TODAY"
"OMG NO"
"IT CANNOT BE"
"MY DAY IS RUINED"

because I don't know if you guys know, but today is 

*・゚。:.*:Seijin no hi 成人の日:*・゚。:.*


which would translate into .... uh ... "coming off age-day"
It sounds way less goofy in Japanese. In English it just makes me think of tests of manhood.
In reality, it's like this:








This is the day where guys are screwed over, because look how darn beautiful these girls look in their flawless kimonos.










I mean, this is one day where every 20-year old Japanese girl must feel like the princess she is.

Seijinshiki (Coming off age ceremony) is held for 20 year olds, as explained ever so gracefully by Wikipedia:






"It is held in order to congratulate and encourage all those who have reached the age of majority (20 years old) over the past year, and to help them realize that they have become adults."



I've never been fortunate enough to witness Seijin no Hi myself as I left Japan like ... the day before Seijin no Hi (no kidding) back in 2009 and haven't been there during January since. But my Facebook and Twitter has been drowning in pictures of all of my beautiful friends who look stunning in their respective kimonos. I hope they felt special today.

新成人、おめでとう!!
これから大人としての生活も頑張ってくださいねー☆
(Congratulations with coming of age! Please do your best at living as an adult!)

is what I want to tell all my friends.
Now I'll go cry in a corner because I can't wear awesome kimonos.

That's it for today!


Take care!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Littlemisscawaii